Friday, July 23, 2010

Friends, Foes....What's the Difference?

F - Fantastic
R - Real
I - Interested
E - Encouraging
N - Nearby
D - Dependable

Friends are definitely fantastic. I thank God He gave friends because honestly, the world will be just black and white without them. They add colour into life, and create memories that last for a lifetime.

Friends are real. No, I never had the idea they were an illusion or a figment of my imagination. They're real with you. No lies, no false pretense, and definitely genuinely honest even if it means hurting the other just because they care.

Friends are interested. What I mean by that is they sincerely care for your well-being, and whenever possible checks on you. Definitely one of the harder qualities to find in people, but maybe I'm just skeptical.

Friends are encouraging. I believe true friends will always encourage and bring out the best in you as a person and vice versa. Call it a symbiotic relationship, but that's how it works and there's no better way to do it.

Friends are nearby. This does NOT mean literally in terms of distance and location of house, but nearby when you need them. Probably just a call away, or a message away and they're there when needed.

Friends are dependable. How you might ask? Dependable when you need someone to talk to. Dependable when you've just came back from school/college/work and all you want to do is get a drink. Dependable as much as possible, because that's what friends do.

Note: Qualities of true friends mind you, and not acquaintances.




Honestly, perhaps this issue has been lingering in my mind rather predominantly over the past few days.
True be told, I am tired sometimes of being the listener/consultant, but never the friend.
I never get tired of being a friend, don't get me wrong.
I guess I'm just pretty fed-up of being a one time gig.

This friendship matter has always baffled me and to a certain extent, I never really got it.
Pointing of fingers aside, I may not be the best friend in the world that somebody can have...but nobody's perfect, right?
A never-ending quest to find people who I can honestly say have stuck with me through thick and thin.

Right now, I can honestly think of 2-3 individuals but that's about it.
As I begin to ponder and think further, I realize that the only way of going about it is to be ruthless.
People always tend to be close, and drift away.
And only the 2-3 individuals that come to mind have more or less consistently made the effort to keep in touch.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.
Like they say, "chop chop."
And this time, I can say that in a literal meaning.
This is me, being ruthless. : )

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Friends, Foes....What's the Difference?

Well, if you have three friends and five foes, the difference is negative two. And I thought you were an accountant. :P

F - Fantastic
R - Real
I - Interested
E - Encouraging
N - Nearby
D - Dependable

F - Furry
R - Red
I - Iguanas
E - Eat
N - Nerdy
D - Donkeys

What were we talking about, again?

even if it means hurting the other just because they care

Rebuke is better than love that is hidden.

Dependable when you've just came back from school/college/work and all you want to do is get a drink.

What if all you want to do is pee? Because I usually want to pee, first.

Honestly, perhaps this issue has been lingering in my mind rather predominantly over the past few days.

Or all the time.

but nobody's perfect, right?

The Lord is perfect.

And only the 2-3 individuals that come to mind have more or less consistently made the effort to keep in touch.

Or make fun of you. WITH you! I mean with you. :P

Like they say, "chop chop."

Who says that? I don't say that.

This is me, being ruthless. : )

You smile when you're ruthless. Maybe you're sadistic, instead. :P

Matt said...

Well, if you have three friends and five foes, the difference is negative two. And I thought you were an accountant. :P

~ Difference in terms of substance, not mathematical. Haha! How on earth did you get that number?

F - Furry
R - Red
I - Iguanas
E - Eat
N - Nerdy
D - Donkeys

What were we talking about, again?

~ Short attention span you have. :P

Rebuke is better than love that is hidden.

~ Amen to that, but not many people can take it the right way. Myself included. Need to learn to be humble and teachable.

What if all you want to do is pee? Because I usually want to pee, first.

~ Not if you've not been drinking water the whole day. xD

Or all the time.

~ Predominantly does not mean constantly. Heh.

The Lord is perfect.

~ I meant individuals. = D

Or make fun of you. WITH you! I mean with you. :P

~ Sure you did. I've got the right to make fun of YOU! Haha!

Who says that? I don't say that.

~ It's a slang jargon. Not sure if you've heard of it.

You smile when you're ruthless. Maybe you're sadistic, instead. :P

~ It's a mixture of both. Hahaha~