Tuesday, December 15, 2009

All I want for Christmas...is you.

I just realized the last post was on the 1st of December.

Yesh, I know.
Working has made me a sloth.
I also blame it on my life which has become rather un-happening.
Hence, I need to keep my blog active somehow.

I promise, a proper blog post will be updated soon.
I keep saying that, but I am gonna ensure it happens soon kay?
Don't give up on me just yet.

Christmas is approaching and I thank God every year that I celebrate it knowing that it was the most historic moment in time, that defining moment that changed the course of mankind from eternal damnation, into a purposeful life and an eternal destiny in heaven.

However, just as I do every year...I thought of putting up a Christmas wish list.
But...this year I realize it is the simple things in life that truly make me happy (not to mention more realistic too).
So, here we go...

1. A blackberry storm!

Photobucket
Been wanting one of these for quite a while.
Reason: I've been using my phone for 5-6 years now, and I have this liking for the blackberry series. Not a necessity though. Learning to be contented with what I have.

2. An iPod.

Photobucket
Doesn't quite matter which, as long as it functions as a music player.
Reason: Using the phone as a temporary music player doesn't work, not when it eats up so much of the battery.

3. A new pair of futsal shoes.

Photobucket
Doesn't matter which either, as long as it's nice. *grins*
Reason: Obviously I need a new pair since my current ones are well...have been used rather too much.

4. A nice organizer.
Reason: It's time to be disciplined and get my daily life into order. More for time management purposes, and I believe that this is one of those changes that I'm making. My imperfection; work-in-progress.

5. A bag that would fit both the working & studying world.
Reason: Just cause I need to look professional. : )

Only 5 on my wish list.
Last year I had 10, but again they were pretty much unrealistic.
Lets just say I cherish the simple things in life and it is indeed the little things that make me happy.
Materialistic isn't really in my dictionary (though it seems that way a lil).

I believe heavenly treasures are what matters most.
There's the other wishes such as salvation of loved ones and friends, that scholarship that I'm still praying for, and some other things.
Those will stay between God and me.

And yet all I want for Christmas is you...



Things have been tough.
Life has sorta had a huge blip, and took me for a roller-coaster ride.
God has been faithful, and I can safely say with assurance the worse is over.
When everything else seems hopeless, God is hope.
And there is absolutely nobody who guarantees just that except Him, and I can safely say that I'm becoming better and I am absolutely confident in whom I put my trust and faith; the One who holds my future.

Till the next post, I bid you au revoir.
Here's to a good week ahead!

2 comments:

Joshua said...

it was the most historic moment in time, that defining moment that changed the course of mankind from eternal damnation
Technically, that was the crucifixion. :)

and I can safely say with assurance the worse is over.
Really?

Matt said...

It was, but it all started with the birth of Christ on that fateful day yes?

For now, at least. xD