Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Four-Letter Word I Call Love...

*edited*

Some extra stuff I found on Samantha's blog.
Makes you wanna go "awhh..." : )
Click here.

And if you want the original link, then clicky here. : )

Photobucket
*Picture credits to google.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love ~ 1 Corinthians 13:13.

Love.
For centuries, people have sought to categorise and define love in their own definitions.
Perhaps the most significant gift we've ever been given is the capability to love.
We were created out of love, and to love.
This huge void we have, a gap that we seek to fill with acceptance and love.
Some more than others, but deep down...this gap is so significantly felt.

We yearn to be accepted by those around us, to be loved for who we really are, to know that someone cares deep enough...
It's not a sweeping statement; as much as some claim to be able to live all alone, but deep down...there is that desire to love and be loved.

Love can be painful, but love can also be blissful.
Love can be discouraging, but love can also be encouraging.
Love can be depressing, but love can also be fulfilling.

The list can go on and on.
I've been through every season of love imaginable, and it came to a point when I questioned my capabilities and why I was given such a high level of sensitivity to love (in my opinion anyway).
My very strength, was my very weakness.
Heartbreaks came and went...and still I loved.

But while I've been crushed and broken beyond recognition, it was only recently that I understood the real meaning of love.
Christ, the perfect example.
To love and be shunned.
To love and be ridiculed.
To love and be misunderstood.
To love and receive the very opposite.

But I've realized that being dependent on others to be accepted and loved have led to disappointments and heartbreaks.
And this was the simple message that He dropped into my heart on the 1st of February...

"You've been placing your love in people and expecting something in return. Now I want you to place your trust in me and let me love you for who you are."

Don't get me wrong.
It does not mean that you do not love your family, your significant other and those around you...
While loving others will always be an integral part of life, I've realized that only God has the power to love you for who you really are.
And if He allows you to be broken, He'll love you back to the road to recovery.

I realized the pain throughout these years was never about me, but it was always about God.
Shaping me, molding me, preparing me for what's to come.
This is definitely in line with my call to the corporate world, to reach a position of influence...to reach out and love the needy, the poor, and the lost.

I still believe in love.
I believe that love and not money alone makes the world go round.
Love conquers all, and the very reason God would send His Only Son to the cross for the world is nothing other than...LOVE!

Keep believing, because the greatest of faith, hope and love...is and always will be LOVE!

Happy Valentine's Day in advance. : )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think hiatus shall be my middle name for a long while now.
ACCA course has begun for almost a month already, and things are getting hectic.
In fact, I believe that I may have to start nerding like full time (yes, I finally know what it means...like seriously) and get down to the nitty-gritty of the work involved.
No doubt I anticipated this, but if I continue this way...I may never fully achieve excellence and anything short of that would never suffice.

I enjoy classes a whole lot.
It's the workload I'm not looking forward to.

Before things get even more hectic, and before more belated posts start piling up...the next post will really be a full-fledged update on January's happenings.
I promise. : )

PS: Do I qualify as a nerd now? xD

No comments: