Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In The Eye of the Beholder...

In dreams where reality seems so distant,
That silver lining hanging by the corner of the cloud,
Where everything you know of can be different,
The achievement of aspirations of the arrogant and proud.

I had no idea what I wrote up there, but I thought I'd write something to retain my creativity.
The spark has been dimmed considerably since I stopped writing poems a long while ago.
Anyway, it's time to complete my February updates.
I'm not worried about the March updates, since there isn't much to update about.
But till then, enjoy.

25th February 2010
After much complaining from Dines, we finally found the time to drive all the way down to Klang to go for some of Klang's finest seafood that he's been bragging about.
After meeting him up at Sunway, we headed down to his place and proceeded to Telok Gong.
Pictures!

Photobucket
Dines and Yoga. Poor lighting from the restaurant contributed in the low picture quality. My apologies.

Photobucket
Dan and Lingz.

Photobucket
Dan's recommendation - Guinness Stout + todi. Not up to my liking though. Way too sweet.

Photobucket
Dan seemed to enjoy the mixture though.

Photobucket
Standard drink when it comes to seafood - young coconuts.

Photobucket
Resembled spinach, but tasted better.

Photobucket
Mantis prawns...which were pretty good.

Photobucket
Steamed taufu with mushrooms and egg.

Photobucket
Steamed assam fish.

Photobucket
The main dish - chilly crab! : )

Photobucket
A job well done.

It was extremely cheap for the portion we had.
I wouldn't mind going down, though trying different dishes would be on the top of my agenda.
Ended the night heading back to Dines place for a while before we headed back home.

26th February 2010
Yes, you won't believe it but I went down to Klang a second time in a row on the next day with the family and some church members to have Klang Bak Kut Teh.
We headed to Jennie's to meet up and subsequently head for lunch.

Photobucket
Jennie and her siblings. : )

Photobucket
Her dog's pretty affectionate.

Photobucket
Shot #1.

Photobucket
Shot #2.

Photobucket
Duet on the piano.

Photobucket
And the camera goes *click*.

Photobucket
I'm a little teapot, short and stout...

Photobucket
Veggie.

Photobucket
'Wet' bak kut teh.

Photobucket
'Dry' bak kut teh, which was arguably the better one. : )

The evening continued with the PJ cell group.
It was pot bless at Uncle Sam's and Aunty Regina's place.
And there was a movie screening called Fire Proof, which I think is an awesome movie.

Photobucket
Food!

Photobucket
People! : )

Photobucket
CG leader giving a brief synopsis on the movie. : )

Photobucket
She was being cheeky.

Photobucket
Shot #2. : )

Photobucket
Shot #3; Andrew was captured in the background.

Photobucket
Chang Carmen. : )

Photobucket
Last picture to end the post...yours truly.

So that wraps up the February updates.
Next up will be a full-fledged post on the March updates.
Stay tuned.

Bidding each and everyone of you a great week ahead.
God bless.

There is no substitute for God. Without God, life is just a rat race that leads you to nowhere but a mouse trap ~ Matt

2 comments:

Hockster d. Boss said...

Told you that the food down here is good. Next up, dry bak kut teh at Klang.

Matt said...

Already tried that, but I wouldn't mind.
Let me know.
I'll meet you at your office and we'll head there. : )