Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Keep Those Fingers Crossed...

Of the sands of time ticking to the fragments of every second that goes by...
As history casts its silhouette over the vast plains of life...
Moved by the momentum set in motion by the repercussions of our actions...
Purposeless as it seems, wealth to gain, but seemingly without meaning...

I choose to find my purpose in my Creator.

What a way to start my post.
To be honest, I don't know how I got inspired that way.
But I guess it's an outflow of the current situation I'm in.
Faith, faith, faith...for God will work all things out for good.

But, lets have some movie reviews shall we?

Photobucket
Bruce Almighty!

Laugh at me, but I just got updated.
I expected more, but I was a lil disappointed by how the whole movie unfolded.

Verdict: 5/10 Not good enough to be registered in my hall of fame of comedies. Though you'll get the expected dose of facial expressions from Jim Carrey, the man with a million faces. God is God, and no man can be God. That's the lesson I picked up at the end of the movie.

Photobucket
G-Force.

Again, it looked pretty funny on the trailers...but it was nothing to shout about.
A typical movie (more suited for families and kids) about a bunch of guinea pigs who are just good at doing what they do; government work in taking down the baddies.
No shock there in terms of plot.

Verdict: 5.5/10 Pretty much average in terms of content and laughter. Buy the DVD or download it.

Photobucket
Public Enemies.

I heard some apparently good reviews about this movie, but I guess that again was the disappointing factor.
With a cast boasting the likes of Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, one might expect a thick plot with a tinge of political twists and romance.
Though there were a little bit of the elements mentioned, I still thought it failed to live up to its expectations.

A typical gangsta' movie set in the 1930's depicting the life of Johnny Dillinger (Depp) who's a professional bank robber.
Hunted down by FBI agent Purvis (Bale), the movie pretty much revolves around those two mostly.
Picture a cat and mouse scenario, and you'll understand my point.

Verdict: 5.5/10 Looked promising, but failed to shine as anticipated.

Photobucket
Surrogates.

Again, I thought this would have been a pretty good action movie.
But I've seen way better action movies that have been released this year.
Compared with the likes of Transformers, I guess the bar has been set.

In a world where humans are literally living their lives through cyborgs custom made according to the user.
When a weapon is on the loose which ultimately fries both the cyborg and its user, the hunt is on as a whole vendetta ensues and unfolds revealing an even bigger and darker plan behind the murders.

Verdict: 6/10 It was pretty alright, though not the best action movie to catch. Bruce Willis I thought was pretty mellow in this movie. I thought the plot was average.

Photobucket
The Taking of Pelham 123.

This is the typical bad guys take hostage movie//demands a random//escapes with it (or so they think)//gets hunted down//the villain dies in the end.
I can't recall a movie where Travolta acted as the villain though.
This might have been the first.

Verdict: 6/10 Points to Denzel and Travolta. Again, go buy the DVD or download it. Not worth the big screens if you ask me.



I guess that's about it.
I was scrolling through some blogs, and I realized I've been missing from action.
There's so much to catch up on, and it really is impossible to get updated all at once.

The year end is about to arrive, and preparations for Christmas and all is ongoing.
Things are gonna get really busy soon, but I know that it's gonna be an awesome ending to a great year, and a start to an even better year.
Once the pictures from the camera are uploaded, I shall update on my convocation that took place recently.
Yes, I'm officially a degree holder. *beams*

Till then, have a great week ahead.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

I can't recall a movie where Travolta acted as the villain though.
Broken Arrow, Face/Off, Swordfish (arguably), Punisher (I know you've seen this one)...those came to me offhand. I'm sure there are more. :P

Matt said...

Never watched all those except Punisher.
Didn't know he was the villain.
Was he 'jigsaw'?

Joshua said...

Travolta was the don; the last guy the Punisher killed. You know, the dude with the wife and two sons. His first son died in a drug bust at the beginning of the show. He sent his remaining son and crew to knockoff Frank and his family. He killed his best friend because he thought he was cheating with his wife. The Jim Bowie speech. He was the archvillain Matt--did you even watch the movie? Hahaha. :D

gurpl? Hahahaha.

Matt said...

I can't remember anymore.
It's been quite a while since I saw the show.
And the only thing I remember were all the gory scenes, with heads chopped off, limbs broken, and blood spilled all over.
Haha!