Saturday, March 13, 2010

When A Heart Breaks, It Don't Break Even...

What am I gonna do when the best part of me was always you and...
What am I supposed to say when I'm all choked up and you're okay...
I'm falling to pieces...
I'm falling to pieces...

Break Even - The Script



I guess I've realized tonight that there really is a difference in perception.
And I understand now why it's so hard to do what I need to do.
The real state of my heart just revealed itself to me tonight in a clearer way than I've ever seen before.
Trying to cover up all this while and the best thing was that I never even knew I was doing it all along.

This is my sign to seriously get reconnected to God.
I used to feel so secure, so loved when I placed myself in His arms of love.
I've not been spending enough time with Him, and straying apart sucks.
I fall into insecurity, and emotions overwhelm me.

I realize now that above and beyond everything else, emotional connections and ties are still the reasons why I feel so much for people, and yet always feel the full blast of hurts and pain.
My gift, but also my curse.

I cannot deal with this alone.
The next few days will be crucial.
Either I find my way back, or I fall to pieces...again.

I miss having good friends, people who genuinely cared and people who loved me regardless of my weaknesses.
I feel so alone.

Only God can heal broken hearts.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Only God can heal broken hearts.

Psalms 51:15-17 AMP

O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall show forth Your praise. For You delight not in sacrifice, or else would I give it; You find no pleasure in burnt offering. My sacrifice [the sacrifice acceptable] to God is a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart [broken down with sorrow for sin and humbly and thoroughly penitent], such, O God, You will not despise.

Matt said...

Thank you.
Was trying to find that verse a while back.