Monday, March 8, 2010

Who is the boy in the mirror?

Myth: Monday blues.
Reality: 8th March 2010

I cannot say I started the day perfectly well.
Perhaps it's the magnitude of what this week really brings.
To many other people, it's just another week that will go on; but to me, this week carries significance.

It's the halfway point of the ACCA course.
Things have been a lil rocky, but exams will tell how much I've really absorbed these past few months.
Apart from exams, this week carries a form of significance that is probably only known to myself.

Lets just say I'm hoping for the better.
As things begin to slowly pick up, deadlines draw nearer, and things around me start dancing in and out of clarity...it's been a weird time.

I've questioned the friendships that have been built over time.
I've questioned my own ability to trust people.
It's a frightening thought to see how people have been acting, how things have been working out for the people around me.

I'm scared.
I feel all alone, and it feels like that nowadays.
I'm not afraid to admit that I'm weak, that I need God...

But I've never been so scared and felt so alone at the same time.
I just know that God is there.
He's the only One that's never let me down.

I don't know how to love the people around me anymore.
...broken, disappointed and hurt countless times.
I'm afraid, lost...



For we know that all things work out together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purposes ~ Romans 8:28.

4 comments:

Joshua said...

...broken, disappointed and hurt countless times.
I'm afraid, lost...


Psalms 56:8
You number and record my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle--are they not in Your book?

:)

Matt said...

Heh. : )

Unknown said...

Hello!
You are right. Very emo blogpost. But I think its well written. : )
That aside, I know that you'll do awesome at all that you do. And for feeling alone, you know I love you.

Lots of Love,
Dels

Matt said...

Some tough times. : )
And for being here, you know I love you too.
*hugs*

Much love,
Matt