Sunday, April 19, 2009

Where dreams are mere illusions...

Disclaimer of opinion: Go figure. xD

Sunlight's first rays shone through the gaps,
I drew back the curtains, took in breaths,
A new day, frankly I'd like to just snap,
Then again, you won't really know.

Birds chirped to a sweet, melodious tone,
I stood under the awning, taking in the scenery,
My hand reached out, and grabbed the phone,
It almost seemed like deja vu, familiarity.

Gazing across the the garden, stretched far,
Flowers in the distance, bloomed and by nature, grow,
I etched you in my memory, just like pictures on a jar,
Then again, you won't really know.

All I wished for was for you to be here,
It didn't matter rain or shine, it mattered not,
No more empty echoes, no more tears,
Colours in life you'd add, your significance...a lot.

I trust myself not, cause I've failed one too many,
I refuse to get carried away, following the flow,
This outflow of emotions, for me so uncanny,
Then again, you won't really know.

A smile you'd put on this lil face of mine,
We spoke as if we were worlds apart, though it wasn't so,
And I would contemplate to cross that oh-so-thin line,
And yes, I would really like you to know.

But I've always never been good enough,
Knowing happiness is what you deserve,
Having me around you would be a big laugh,
You deserve more...happiness and more, with love.

Cause I'll gather the courage, speak my heart out,
Though it seems in vain, but I want you to know,
Indeed, this is real....without a shadow of a doubt,
You mean the world to me, and I love you so.

For the umpteenth time, I'll watch and hope,
And pray that someone else finds happiness, joy,
Something I'd hope for, but had always been a dope,
I'll always be the puppet, used...unappreciated, like a toy.


And yet, I want you to know...
What I could never bring myself to say...
And though you may not know it, this is for you...

I love you.

No comments: