Friday, September 18, 2009

The Smile Of An Angel...

Holidays! Holidays! Holidays!
Okay, you cannot really blame me for going bonkers.
I've been waiting for this for a long time.
I need a break from waking up early every morning, and dreading the day ahead.
But, there are lessons to be learned.

Hence, this post might not be entertaining but it is educational.
So feel free to skip this post.

Before I get into details and randomness, I'd just like to say that the holidays couldn't have started any better (minus the fact that CG was not on tonight =X).
Boss allowed me to leave early today, and I'm glad.
Recently, things have just fallen into place at the right timing.

So, let me give you the breakdown.

A while ago, I had to weigh my options for an internship and though KPMG would have been ideal...but what's the point if you're not gonna get much of what audit is about in a different department?
An offer to work at a reinsurance company also presented itself with pretty much quite a fair bit of pay for an intern, but I declined that due to the fact that it would not have helped me much in the chosen field.

Hence, I thought joining my uncle would be a good idea.
I think it's been pretty crazy though, and perhaps I now rethink my decision twice especially the very moment I told myself...

"I hope he doesn't go easy on me. I wanna learn stuff."

Ever heard the saying, be careful what you wish for?
My boss (yes, I wanna keep it that way) has been drilling me every single day.
Lets just say for someone like me, you don't expect discouragement to get to you...but I'm human.
The first few days were horrid.
I could never seem to get anything right, nor could I get my tasks right.
And I thought I'd lose confidence in myself before everyday ended.
But over time, I've realized and learned a few things.

  • I'm systematic, but I'm not meticulous and audit has definitely thought me a lot about myself and what I need to improve on.
  • I need to listen more, speak less, and think a whole lot before I even speak.
  • You can never really judge a book by its cover (i.e. my uncle whom I thought was always rather soft spoken and timid).
  • Sleep has become irreplaceable. I've always taken it for granted, but I realize how important it is to me now.
  • I officially dislike KL. I'm a PJ boy through and true.
  • Most importantly, I've learned to depend on God's grace every single day. When it gets lonely, I just talk to Him on the spot. He's amazing.
  • And then of course, there's another important person. Yes, you. <3

I think I've also realized how important God is to me now.
The moments when you need someone to be constantly there...

And no matter how tired I am, I force myself to wake up early just to spend that 30-45 minutes in prayer and just to read His Word every morning.
It's Him that keeps me going and sustains me.
Indeed, I can truly say I choose to become better and not bitter.
That grace of God, I now know how valuable it is. = )

Oh well, I have holidays till 1st October.
Now is the time to catch up with a lot of things.

Holiday plans include...

sleep. eat. sleep some more. hang out. sleep even more. prison break. sleep, again. study. sleep, sleep, sleep.

So yes!
There we go, updates!
Tomorrow if I feel like it, I'll update on the missions trip to Malacca.
That's also depending on the internet connection.
Just a while ago, it was slow as crap.

And before I sign off from this post...



Thank you for always being there.
Thank you for those messages that keep me going.
Thank you for that lovely gift.
And thank you for bearing with me patiently.

Everything is certainly that much brighter because of you.

PS: I remember I promised to hold your hands as we journey on in life. <3

7 comments:

Joshua said...

"Hence, this post might not be entertaining but it is educational.
So feel free to skip this post."

--You want me to SKIP education?! :P
Proverbs 8:33 AMP "Hear instruction and be wise, and do not refuse or neglect it." :P Hahahaha.

"Most importantly, I've learned to depend on God's grace every single day. When it gets lonely, I just talk to Him on the spot. He's amazing. "

--Amen. :)

"And then of course, there's another important person. Yes, you. <3"

--Me? Ah. Matt. You shouldn't have. :P

"Just a while ago, it was slow as crap."

--Really? My crap came out rather readily, just a while ago. :D Hahahaha.

Matt said...

- You don't have to skip education, but it's an option. Hahaha!

- Amen indeed. = )

- Haha! Josh, whateber makes you happy alright? xD

- LOL. What kinda crap are we talking about here? :P

Joshua said...

"LOL. What kinda crap are we talking about here? :P"

Why, the Matthew 15:17--not the Matthew 15:18--kind. :P

Matt said...

Darn Josh!
Too much info yo!
Haha!

Joshua said...

It pours out of me. The INFO pours out of me. What were *you* thinking? :P

Matt said...

Hahaha, I'm very sure the info was what was pouring out of you. xD

Shermaine said...

hahaha both of you ah, funnyyyy! :D