Thursday, September 24, 2009

Holding On To You...

I'm back with more updates.
This time though, updates will be on how my Raya holidays were spent.
No, I don't celebrate it...but that sure as heck doesn't mean I don't enjoy it to the best of my ability.
After all, how often do you get public holidays?

The Raya holidays basically were spent with the Harvest Crew when we had our own lantern party.
I have to admit though, most of the pictures were taken by the other cameras.
We were all pretty busy with the lantern making competition.
Nevertheless, it was definitely pure fun and great fellowship coupled with yummy food.

Photobucket
Pictionary to kill time. The girls at it.

Photobucket
Both teams going head to head.

Photobucket
For dinner, we had Dominos and a whole lot of other goodies.

We were then divided into 4 different teams to construct and complete our very own lantern.
All kinds of designs came up, and in the end...they each even had Biblical explanations for their reason of choice for choosing such designs.
Truly a night to remember.

Photobucket
Ah, brings back the kid in you...

Photobucket
Generally known as "The Poop". Second place was pretty satisfying. Pretty good considering we had very low expectations.

Photobucket
Guessed who I brought along.

Photobucket
Yes, it's us.

Photobucket
Snap snap...<3

Since I do not have the majority of the pictures, do click here for more pictures on facebook.

I continued my Raya holiday celebrations by spending the day studying and helping Nic with her revision.
After long hours at Starbucks, we headed off to Pyramid to catch a movie before dinner at Asia Cafe, Subang.

Photobucket
Java Chip and sandwiches for breakfast. Picture credits to Nic.

Photobucket
Books, notes, and calculators. Full fledged study day.

Photobucket
Booyah! Hahaha!

Photobucket
We got really random, and couldn't be bothered who was staring.

Photobucket
Almost finished 'lobak'. We were hungry kay?

Photobucket
Her blackpepper chicken chop.

Photobucket
And yours truly's chicken chop.

Photobucket
Gamer.

One word...OVERRATED! I honestly thought it would have been better. Guessed I came with really high expectations, but it all turned out just plain flat. The action was so-so, the plot was...wait, what plot?

Verdict: 5/10 Yesh, it's not as good as hyped. Pfft...and to think we queued for 15-20 minutes cause it was a public holiday.

Photobucket
Picturesque. <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can choose to ignore this section of the post.

And I quote... "Mood swings are GAY!"

Firstly, I have utterly no idea why I'm feeling so lousy these past few days.
Laugh if you will, but I've been some sort of an emotional wreck lately.
There are only a few things keeping me sane nowadays.

  • Planetshakers and worship songs. All I do is keep it on repeat.
  • Constant rantings to Daddy. I think He gets the worse of it, cause all I do is rant, rant, and rant.
  • Those random messages. <3

I'm not afraid to admit this is my moment of weakness.
I'm not afraid to admit that I need God very badly.
And I'm not afraid to admit that I feel lonely.

It's been crazy, but I'm holding on to dear life...if you will.
Exaggerated, but I just feel insecure all of a sudden.

Spiritual attacks?
You bet!

Without a doubt, this are one of those moments when you're down and the Enemy kicks you down.
Which is the exact reason I have to reclaim that strength in Him and not succumb to this.
Is life a bed of roses?
Heck no!
God has loads of promises to us, and one of 'em promises us trials and tribulations.
But yet again...He's promised to never leave us nor forsake us.
Seriously, life would be just plain empty without Him.

Just one of those moments that God is calling me back, to spend more time.
One of those dry "desert" moments where I feel as if I've strayed away from Him.
Here's something new...

You may be spending time, doing devotion daily...but it does not mean you're close to Him.

Shocking?
Yes, even to me.
I was always under this illusion that you'll be closer to God if you spend time everyday.
But...not unless you earnestly seek Him.
Something I've learned recently, and I will do everything in my power to correct this.

Secondly, still carrying burdens for those around me, and prayer continues.
Best thing I can do.

Finally, I wished I were a better friend.
I feel like I've been neglecting those around me.
Some say it's due to work, others say it's due to busyness.

Well I say it's total nonsense.

It's funny how I was just talking to Daddy, about how I feel I've been a total failure to those around me.
It's ironic how I always treasure family, relationships and friendships...but yet it suddenly feels like I'm left with so little around me.
Someone once told me this...

"When you start working, and you settle down...you tend to lead a smaller social circle. You're busy with work, you're busy serving God, and how family becomes your immediate priority. It's normal."

But I refuse to believe that.
No matter what, my relationships with those around me I refuse to compromise.
I refuse to give in to the convenient excuse that things are the way it is because of work.

Yet sometimes it is...

However, Daddy truly knows the desires of my heart.
Just when all this was being talked with Daddy, I suddenly received this invitation to a friend's 21st birthday.
And all I could do was sat there, thanking Him for almost instantaneously answering my prayer even though I did not pray for it.

God, family, relationships, friendships, whatever it is...

I will do everything in my power to keep those that I love close by.
Defined by such characteristic, this is me...

6 comments:

Joshua said...

"No, I don't celebrate it...but that sure as heck doesn't mean I don't enjoy it to the best of my ability."

Psalms 118:24
"This is the day which the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." :D

"We got really random, and couldn't be bothered who was staring."

And then you put the pictures on the Internet where people can stare more. Hahahaha. :P

"Almost finished 'lobak'. We were hungry kay?"

Dr. Bhanot's dictionary defines "lobak" as radish. :P Hahahaha.

"You can choose to ignore this section of the post."

Haha... Arguably the most important part of the post. "And I sought a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none. (Ezekiel 22:30)" Matt suggests we ignore this part when the Word says differently (1 Thessalonians 5:11,14; 2 Thessalonians 2:17). :P :)

"Yet sometimes it is..."

Haha. There's always a dividing up of the powers within a human. We're finite, my friend, and our attentions are easily stretched thin. The more relationships you have, the shallower they become--that's just math, and seeing that that's your field, an obvious fact. Even our brother Paul made mention of this:

1 Corinthians 7:32-34 AMP
"My desire is to have you free from all anxiety and distressing care. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord--how he may please the Lord; but the married man is anxious about worldly matters--how he may please his wife--and he is drawn in diverging directions [his interests are divided and he is distracted from his devotion to God]. And the unmarried woman or girl is concerned and anxious about the matters of the Lord, how to be wholly separated and set apart in body and spirit; but the married woman has her cares [centered] in earthly affairs--how she may please her husband."

Haha. And that's only two persons. :P Worry about the Lord (Matthew 6:33), Matt, and let Him take care of the rest (Matthew 11:28-30). :)

Matt said...

#1 You got me there Josh. Everyday is a celebration yes? : )

#2 Hahaha, as I was saying...we couldn't be bothered. :P

#3 Actually, it is true. But, this 'lobak' you see is a mixture of different kinds of goodies. But it tastes better than the lobak mentioned in Dr. Bhanot's. Hahaha!

#4 There you go again. LOL! Fine, don't ignore this part then. xD

#5 Best advice I've heard so far. Thank you Josh. And I suppose you're right, but that doesn't keep me from trying to keep my loved ones and my friends close as possible. I'll die trying if I have to. xD

Joshua said...

"I'll die trying if I have to."

John 15:13 AMP
"No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends."

Haha. :P The Lord bless you, my brother. :) Just keep Matthew 5:30 and Luke 14:26 in mind. :)

Matt said...

Mmm, got it.
God bless you too.
Gotta reach out ei?
But I see your point. : )

Anne said...

i loved this post :) Thanks for reminding me of certain things too. and Yes, God is awesome. :) Keep holdin on cous, He will see us through indeed.

Matt said...

I'm glad it somehow helped. I just needed to get it all out and rant. But yes, I'm holding on to God. I hope you do so too.