Friday, January 22, 2010

Love Will Get You Through...

I guess you can say Thank God It's Friday!
Honestly though, it's just another statement to me but the weekends certainly mean a time to recharge my batteries.
Still in a very unstable state, but I guess you could say "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."
Character building, the refining of gold, the shaping of a diamond, or just merely the transforming of a caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly.

For some reason, I was meditating on this very verse that goes like this...

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love ~ 1 Corinthians 13:13.

I was just thinking about it and meditating on it.
God just kinda spoke to me and I came up with this...

Always take a step forward in faith, look to the future with hope, and love those around you as you love yourself...

You could say that recently I've lost faith in people and relationships.
No, don't get me wrong.
I still look through the Father's eyes of love and see the need to love those around me unconditionally.
It's just that "wall of skepticism and pessimism" coming up all over again when it comes to relationships.

I guess you could say I was on the verge of giving up on people.
But God reminded me that if He could send His Only Son out of love for every single person out there, then there is no reason I should stop loving those around me cause that would simply make my existence without purpose if I cease to love them through the Father's love. : )

I guess I got to a stage when I've started doubting whether I'll ever be good enough for those around me at all.
It came to a point when I asked God "All I want is a normal life, normal relationships. Why can't I have it?"
And His reply was merely this...
"Because you're not meant to live a normal life. I'm breaking you to make you someone extraordinary for My Name sake."
All that's left is for the pieces to be mended.

I've been doing some self-reflecting recently, and the lessons are there for me to see.

  • Seriously when it gets lonely, that means you're just pathetic. You're not trying hard enough.
  • Saying goodbye is impossible when it comes to the people you hold closest to your heart. And yes, I know it's an exaggeration, but that's just how crazy it is.
  • Disappointments are a daily thing. So be prepared for them.
  • Time MIGHT heal the wounds, but you're scarred for life.

But the best to come is this...

God never leaves, never disappoints, never fails, never gives up on you, and never stops loving you.

And that's the best promise anyone has ever promised me.
Suffice to say, I'm gonna start 2010 with a bang and start working and serving for the One Reason, One Purpose, and One Hope that keeps me going.

Here's a little extra to read.
It's from a friend of mine, who sees love for all it is.
Enjoy!

Click HERE!

Till then, have a good weekend people.
I pray that love will find you wherever you're at, because we were made to love. : )

Photobucket

No comments: