Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Phoenix: To Rise from the Ashes...

Got this song from Elaine's blog.



Did you forget
That I was even alive
Did you forget
Everything we ever had
Did you forget
Did you forget
About me

Did you regret
Ever standing by my side
Did you forget
What we were feeling inside
Now I'm left to forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

So now I guess
This is where we have to stand
Did you regret
Ever holding my hand
Never again
Please don't forget
Don't forget

We had it all
We were just about to fall
Even more in love
Than we were before
I won't forget
I won't forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

Somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it
At all

And at last
All the pictures have been burned
And all the past
Is just a lesson that we've learned
I won't forget
Please don't forget us

But somewhere we went wrong
Our love is like a song
But you won't sing along
You've forgotten
About us



I totally hate emo songs right now, but this one just caught my attention.
I'm reminded of fresh starts, and this song will be a reminder of another wonderful chapter in life which will definitely never be forgotten.
I'll never understand the logic of what has happened and why it did, but I'm sure God knows.
One thing's for sure...I want to become better, that I'll never be such a disappointment to anyone as much as I can ever again.

Thanks for the memories. XOXO!

5 comments:

Joshua said...

that I'll never be such a disappointment to anyone as much as I can ever again.
Matthew, you're human. There is every likelihood that you will do exactly that again. Trust the Lord, not how well you can be careful. :)

Matt said...

That's true.
Human in every possible way.
And I agree.
Maybe using the word 'never' was too much of a sweeping statement.
And your advice will definitely be taken into account.
I think on our own, we disappoint more than we want to...

louiselaine said...

awww... you linked my blog. >.<
hahahahaha.

well, we should learn to accept and love people the way the are, and if we want change, it should be God's working.

you won't be able to please everyone, find someone that appreciates you the way you are. :)

Joshua said...

I think on our own, we disappoint more than we want to...

For sure, my brother; for sure. :)

Peter declared to Him, Though they all are offended and stumble and fall away because of You [and distrust and desert You], I will never do so. (Matthew 26:33 AMP)

:)

Matt said...

@Elaine: Cause I heard the song for the first time on your blog. Giving credit where it's due.

It's true. I'll never be able to please everyone, but I want to be better. There's just so much to improve on, but I had to learn it the hard way. Hence, it's time I dug deep and be better.

@Josh: Amen to that. Haha! : )