Sunday, November 23, 2008

For the most part of it, you were always there...

This post will be one of a long post. So, I'll start with a picture, and you can then choose to AGAIN ignore the rest of the post.

Photobucket
Elly and Matt. Meet my mei, well at least one of them.



Looking back at the past whole year, I realized that year 2008 once again swept past me and left me behind in a daze. I've learned so much, and hopefully became a better person. 2008 has been like every other year, full of ups and downs, full of joy and tears, full of laughter and pain, full of satisfaction and disappointments. Mostly, I've realized that God has to be my main priority, and that with Him, nothing else in life really matters anymore.

Yes, the people around me are extremely important. Money is important. Hopes and dreams are important, but nothing else really matters when you've got the hope of glory, the way to eternal life. Year 2009 will be totally a fresh start, and starting today, I wanna start afresh and really live totally 100% for Him. He deserves the best.

Year 2008, I've learned...

...that time passes you by whether good & bad moments are the order of the day.

...the importance of friendship, and no matter what, friends are totally worth keeping.

...that friends come and go and there really isn't any point in regretting.

...to appreciate every moment of everyday. Life really isn't half as fun as the people who make it so thrilling.

...some of the most biggest flaws of myself, and hopefully I'll correct them real soon.

...that heartbreaks take incredibly long to heal. I mean serious heartbreaks here.

...and felt the pain of seeing the person you love walk away with someone else.

...to be contented with what I have, where I'm placed.

...to enjoy and love serving God, because thats where I find true contentment and satisfaction.

...that God NEVER disappoints. Men may disappoint, but God NEVER does.

...to take one day at a time, and never to worry about tomorrow.

...that its better to not expect than to expect and be disappointed.

...and tasted of God's goodness. I've been blessed with so much, and really God knows how to bless. I just wished I could be perfect just the way He is.

...to cherish family and friends more and more.

...that crying is a form of release that God has given. Its soothing.

...some people will never be as mature as the standard you have set and I've learned to accept people for their shortcomings, cause I have many of my own as well.

...that we're all different and gifted in our own ways and never to compare.

...that the biggest disappointments and hurts come from those closest to you.

...that above all, God is sovereign and He's the best thing that has ever happened to me. If I were to let go of everything for Him, I would.



There's just so much more I could say, but I'll stop here. Looking back at the whole year of 2008, its been one heck of a roller-coaster. I thank God that I made it through in one piece and that His grace truly has been sustaining me. I have a month of 2008 left to celebrate and enjoy before entering into year 2009. Reaching the big 21 next year will indeed be something new.

I just know that next year will be better, cause with God beside how can life be anything but great? It will keep getting better and better, the challenges will increase in intensity, the problems will possibly get even bigger, but knowing Him more and more will overcome it all.

Dad was preaching about evangelism today and he popped a question "Do you know anyone who would die for you? Jesus Christ would...". I already knew the answer to that question. Besides family, I would die for someone...maybe even a few.

I guess I'll end this post right here. Cheers to a great year ahead and with December coming, to a great end to a great year. Onward to 2009!

1 comment:

ivonne said...

haha so fast flashing back and saying goodbye to this year already, when it's still November!