Saturday, November 22, 2008

I break and crumble internally...

Lets start off today's post with some random pictures.

Photobucket
Seminar on Soft Skills Development for Graduates that was held at KBU recently.

Photobucket
Take 1. Matt and the couple. This was pre-commencement of the seminar.


Photobucket
Matt, Dines, and Lingz.

Okay, from here onward, the post is gonna get a lil emo-ish. So, if you are curious, read on. If not, save yourself the agony and close the window. = )

Photobucket

See this picture? Looking at it alone will speak volumes about his age. I was having dinner with mum at the hawker stalls nearby and this was the sight that greeted me. He's already past his retirement age and he's striving everyday to make a living, not to mention pushing his whole stall around everyday.

When I queried my mum about why people like him are still working, she answered that they can't afford to retire, and its possible his kids do not really bother making the effort to support him. In my heart, I broke down (and if it was possible, it would probably cry) and I felt extreme pain that goes beyond the boundaries of sympathy. No, its not something new.

Its a burden that God has given me for people such as him. As I walked back, I whispered a prayer for people like him. I know I'm called to do something, and I promise, if God gave me the resources to serve others, even if it meant for the rest of my life, I will do it. The tremendous burden and pain I felt inside was indescribable, and I promise I will do everything in my power to serve the needy. This is my call, my destiny, my mission, and the very purpose I'm here; to serve God and men.



Random thoughts of the day
1. Squash today really took away all my energy. I ran so much, it was crazy not to sweat.

2. I have some major filtering to do in life, and it begins today.

3. God is good. No scrap that. God is awesome. I'm setting my life straight from this day onwards. I wanna live for Him all the days of my life.

4. I miss being loved; but I've been hurt and disappointed too many times. I miss being able to care for someone; but I'm afraid to open up again.

PS: I tried. Second chances really do only come once.

No comments: