Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone

Good day!
Matt decided to drop by to update on what has been going on.
It's been one heck of a week in one sense.
I'm actually feeling pretty sleepy due to me sleeping at 3.30am the night before, but well it was worth every minute.

This week has been rather productive as well.
Hopefully things will be more settled sooner or later and God-willing, things will be settled by this coming week.
Lets begin with the updates shall we?

Wednesday, 12th August 2009
Met up with mei after a very long long time of not meeting up.
We went to our favorite joint again.
Where else?
Starbucks!

Photobucket
Meh, caught on candid mode. xD

Photobucket
Mmm, hot coffee and breakfast on a rainy day. Bliss...

Photobucket
Mei insisted on pictures from certain angles. Meh...

Thursday 13th August 2009
Supposed to meet up with Nic for her lunch hour break.
Went to Centerpoint to get her lunch, and my car broke down.
Then, coffee got spilled on the way to pick her.
And one thing just came after another.
Eventful, but unfortunately no pictures.
I don't think you'd wanna see smoke coming out from my car bonnet anyway. = )

Meh, in the end...we rushed through lunch and got to meet up for only 20 minutes or so?
But I learned a very important lesson, or rather I was reminded...
That when things happen, you can either choose to be the victim, or you'd look up to God and say "Thank You Lord. There's a lesson for me to learn. Teach me."
And I'm glad I chose the latter. = )

Friday, 14th August 2009
Went for an accessment and interview at KPMG.
I was having butterflies in my stomach for some reason.
Perhaps because it was my first real professional interview, sorta.
It was a good experience, especially being interviewed by their HR manager (who happened to be a foreigner) which was even more intimidating.

Photobucket
KPMG's front desk.

Photobucket
Random snapshot. I like their office. = )

At night, went for Bob Fitts concert at GTPJ.
Worship was just surreal.
The word 'refreshing' would be an understatement.
I guess God knew I needed a refresher to keep me going.
Moreover, most of his songs (in fact, all of 'em) I knew and it was just awesome.
After which the whole lot of us went off for Hokkien mee and supper.

Photobucket
A small part of the auditorium.

Photobucket
Matt and Carmen.

Photobucket
Matt and Brandon. Meh, excuse the face. No idea why I forgot to smile. xD

Photobucket
Matt and Claudia. I just realized that dad's smiling in the background. Hahaha!

Photobucket
Pastor Vincent starting the whole thing off.

Photobucket
Bob Fitts!!! Rawr!

Photobucket
Worship led by Bob Fitts with the GTPJ band.

It was definitely a night to remember.
God was awesome and I thank God.
It was really encouraging, and God's love just felt so uber real.
Anyway, after supper...
Reached back and had a phone call till 3am in the morning.
Meh...
Me likey late night phone calls. <33

~ ...teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen. [Matthew 28:20]

PS: Perhaps I should really stop trying to make everyone happy. There will be people who'll never like me. I should just accept it...

2 comments:

Joshua said...

"PS: Perhaps I should really stop trying to make everyone happy. There will be people who'll never like me. I should just accept it..."

Matthew 10:25
"It is sufficient for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant or slave like his master. If they have called the Master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they speak evil of those of His household."

We're not called to make anyone "happy", Matt. :P The Lord has asked us to serve Him (John 6:29). He asks His disciples to preach the good news (Mark 16:15). He warns that there will be those that will not listen (Luke 10:10-11). He foretells that they will kill some of us (Matthew 24:9).

Make the Lord, happy, Matt (Matthew 6:33); not "everyone". :)

Matt said...

Agreed.
Point duly noted.

And by the way, by "making everyone happy..." I also referred to the bonds of friendships within the body of Christ.

Ultimately though, we only live for the audience of one.
Very well aware of that. = )