Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh The Wonderful Cross...



Firstly, I wanna thank God for answering my prayers.
I'm probably gonna work with Uncle Gideon as part of an internship in a direct audit position.
For me, the upcoming 3 months will prove essential in determining what I really wanna do, and give me valuable insight into the world of auditing.
God continues to be faithful in opening the right doors, and all that's left is my studies to be settled...which will be in a matter of time.
Every breath every single day is a sign of God's faithfulness, and I'm glad that my future's in His hands.
Nobody else can guarantee it, but the Heavenly Father. = )

Just before we go into the actual updates, I thought this video is really sweet.
So, prepare for a dose of sugar rush. = )



So lets get straight to the updates shall we?
Recently, celebrated Uncle Gideon's (dad's brother, mind you) birthday.
So, he invited us to have dinner at Seaview Restaurant, on the way to SS2.
Pictures, as below. = )

Photobucket
Their famous 'Sang Har Meen' or more appropriately..."Tiger Prawn Noodles".

Photobucket
Not sure what this is, but it's pork. Very tasty, but sorry peeps. Tak halal. No offence intended.

Photobucket
Bean Curd (tofu) with bitter gourd, if I'm not mistaken.

Photobucket
'Kampung' chicken.

Photobucket
Meh, no idea what this is called. It just tastes yummy, kapish? xD

Photobucket
Steamed Red Garupa. Trust me, there's a lot of meat...but the price you pay; makes you think twice.

Photobucket
Longan with sea cucumber for dessert. = )

Photobucket
Uncle Gideon (the birthday boy), lil Danielle, and Aunt Dorene.

Photobucket
From L-R: Second aunty, First aunty, and First aunty's husband. Hahaha!

Photobucket
From L-R: Mum, Andrew, and the grandparents.

Photobucket
Dad and myself. I bet dad didn't know this was gonna go on the blog. xD

Excuse all the candid shots.
I had quite a number of camera shy people there.
And since everyone was busy enjoying the wonderful spread before us, it was all I could do.

Anyway, moving on.
Nic's college had some sort of sponsorship thingy by Campus Plus, and they were offered free tickets to watch I Love You, Beth Cooper at Cineleisure.
So, I met up with her and her bunch of crazy friends for dinner and headed for a movie.
Rained cats and dogs just before I left house, resulting in me having to change my clothes and having to slog through the rush hour jam.
Nevertheless, it was all good.
Had dinner at The Apartment; my first time too. = )

Photobucket
Chicken and Mushroom Spaghetti.

Photobucket
Thank you for the invites. = D

After the movie, dropped her back home before ending the day.
Meh, time for movie reviews.

Photobucket
I Love You, Beth Cooper.

To be honest, I wouldn't really have paid to watch this. But, since I had free tickets...what the heck. = ) It was pretty average, but nothing really spectacular. Compared to how Hayden Panettiere acted in the Heroes series, she was way more wild here compared to her previous role in Heroes. A good change I'd say, though she certainly has the looks to pull it off.

Thank God for good company. = )

Verdict: 5/10

Photobucket
Punisher: War Zone.

I haven't heard much about the movie except through the trailer. I had a comment that the storyline kinda sucked. True to that, a whole lot of blood, gore, and flying limbs but nothing much to the plot. Was disappointing, but then again...I guess you could say I was prepared for it.

Verdict: 6/10

Photobucket
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

One word: HORRIBLE. Seriously, I don't know why Kristin Kreuk would even consider starring in this movie. The plot and storyline straightaway gets a double thumbs down immediately. The progress of the story seriously just became...an EPIC failure. Meh, even Kristin Kreuk couldn't save this movie I'd say.

Verdict: 3/10 (Yes, even with Kristin in it. Only saving grace is...well, her).

Photobucket
Watchmen.

I guess you could say the trailer for this movie was pretty deceiving. It's definitely not your typical hero fighting action-packed movie that you'd expect. A lot of story-telling and flash backs to the past. A pretty long movie, but again...thankful that I didn't pay money to catch this on the big screens.

Verdict: 5/10

So, that's about it I suppose.
I've noticed that the movies I've been catching haven't been up to standard.
Meh, I need to catch G.I. Joe, like seriously.
Outdated much.
I'm off to catch the remaining movies I have on the laptop.
Or maybe I'll just stick to finishing my anime.
Till my next post, this is goodbye.

~ Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. [Proverbs 3:5-6]

2 comments:

Joshua said...

"Not sure what this is, but it's pork. Very tasty, but sorry peeps. Tak halal. No offence intended."

...Why do we care about the sensitivities of those that serve false gods?

John 17:3
"And this is eternal life: to know You, the only true and real God, and to know Him, Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent."

If you're eating with them, sure, be nice and don't openly offend them by eating that which they consider unclean. But we have a commandment (Acts 10:15).

You cannot serve the Lord and cater to their incorrect views. Yes, you live in a country where the national religion is Islam--but that has nothing to do with you, brother. What--is some Muslim going to come by and gripe at you for showing pictures of you eating pig meat? What is that to you? If anything, it is an excellent opportunity for you to spread the Good News. :)

If that meant nothing to you, let me put it in this light: if you were to commit a traffic violation or steal something and then say, "Oops, I ran a red light" or "I know I didn't pay for it, but I really wanted it", how is that any different than eating pork and saying "I know this is tak hallal, but..."? You are admitting to sin and openly insulting the person listening. :P Why don't you apologize every time you mention the Lord? Hahaha. The notion of Jesus being the only way to salvation is MUCH more insulting that a pig! :D If you are worried about someone being offended by seeing pig meat, don't post pictures of it with an apology.

Matt said...

Josh, lets put it this way.
Being sensitive to others and their beliefs does not mean I am compromising on anything.
The sentence I gave is merely a precaution.

I believe the best way to spread the gospel sometimes is to respect people and their beliefs, but yet bringing the gospel to them through that established relationship.

Which is why I emphasize on having good relationships with the people around me, friends, and whoever may be concerned.
It is considered sin to them, but I merely state it's tak halal...so, sorry to those who are unable to partake of them.
Haha!

But you my dear brother, take it easy.
I know where I'm headed.
Worry not. = )