Monday, May 10, 2010

My Promise, My Cross To Bear...

As I strummed the guitar, plucking the strings intricately...God spoke.
No, it was not in a literal audio kinda way, but rather the prompting in the heart.
Right there at that very moment, you could say I was set free.

Epiphany.
I realized that I've tried to fill this void.
Running away from reality, I thought that things would sort out itself eventually.
But it hit me hard yesterday, that you cannot run away forever.

I'm not ready.
More than a promise, it was a commitment.
More than a commitment, it was the very essence of my heart.
More than all that, it was just...you.

I've messed up too many times, always hoping to get back on track.
I've tried it so many different ways.
Yet I realize that things will never get any better on my own.
After a long while, I can conclude that I'm braving it out to face reality and make up for lost time.




Only this time, I'll let God do the sorting out for me...

No comments: