Friday, August 22, 2008

For what its worth, lets leave it as that...

Fridays are normally routinely mundane. I have the whole day to myself with nothing to do but fret over my unfinished assignments and exams. However, today I went to take a short break (though I haven't really done much) and met up with Karmen and her friends. Went to Bukit Jalil to pick her up, then we headed off to Midvalley to have our sushi lunch and window shop.

Photobucket
Lunch menu @ Sushi Zen, Gardens.

Photobucket
Sauces and what nots.

Photobucket
Chefs at work.

Photobucket
Appetizers. Salmon and crab meat.

Photobucket
My half-bitten soft shell crab. Yumz...Karmen stole the rest of it. xD

Photobucket
The main course; unagi rice, or whatever you call it. Roasted eel with rice.

Photobucket
Karmen's Niku Beef. The soup really makes up for it.

Photobucket
Green tea ice-cream @ Baskin Robbins. Nawh, thats wasabi for ya.

Photobucket
Matt and Karmen.

Photobucket
Sink @ Gardens' toilet. Almost accidently pee-d in here. =X

Left MV around 5pm and drove back in heavy torrents that poured down. It was raining cats and dogs and needless to say, traffic was slow moving.

I learned a few lessons today while I was out.

1. A day out in the mall opens your eyes to the different types of people.
This was evident as I had a lot of alone time to myself while the girls were window shopping and camwhoring in the dressing rooms. I watched so many different people pass by and realize the diversity among us humans. I have to admit, I stood at places reminiscing as I saw people passing by, it just brought back a lot of memories. = )

2. Sales is influence over a person to spend.
This refers more to girls (no offence) and their hobby of shopping. Sales can drive someone to spend money and then presents itself a little regret right after the money has been cashed out, and paid to the cashier. Oh, it leads to occasional violence and the need for a guy to stop the girl from spending overexcessively. I've experienced the full effect of shopping with girls (especially a girl who loves dresses, tops, and anything to do with clothes) and it drained a lot of energy and helped build patience. xD

Photobucket
See what I mean? Those are Karmen's fingers by the way, not mine.

Photobucket
Boredom certainly leads to camwhoring. I had to entertain myself.

3. Appearance isn't everything.
My car may not be new, nor possess the looks of a sports car of any sort, but I absolutely cherish it. Petrol consumption is incredible. It was a little bit more than half this morning. I went to Bukit Jalil, then to Midvalley before heading back. Now, its drop to only half. You gotta love the petrol consumption. Its either really fuel effective or the petrol meter is a bit off. = )

4. I am back to square one all over again. = )
Today was certainly a way of getting back to reality. Lets just say I had reality knock some sense into the stubborn little me and facts that slapped me right in the face. The intention to see where I really stood opened my eyes and I'm back to where I started. I can finally look to the future. In a way, today proved so many things I could only second guess and assume. Ah, a fresh start all over again.

5. Last but not least, hugs can do wonders.
I almost forgot what it means to be hugged by someone other than your parents and your immediate family. I needed that. Thank you.

Signing off,
Matt

PS: I'm facing a dilemma. To cut my hair, or not to cut? Its either back to short, or a new style that requires a long fringe. I need opinions. = )

No comments: