Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Remember me not...

Lights flashed around and glittered among walls of concrete,
As I walk through the streets, shadowed by my own silhouette,
Looking around and I was greeted by empty glances,
The millions of people from all walks of life and circumstances.

Walking along the pavement and pass by the street shops,
I could see a kid or two running around in flip-flops,
People barged and pushed till deep down I felt invisible,
I reached a junction and loneliness surfaced, immeasurable.

As I cross the road, I realized there was no hand to hold,
The cold winds that brushed against my cheeks foretold a night so cold,
I searched for a place of warmth, even the slightest ember,
But look as I may, I found nothing as I continued to shiver.

I looked to see a girl in the arms of a guy, providing warmth and shelter,
And in that moment, I realized your absence left me somewhat poorer,
On those cold nights where we'd used to fall into each other's arms,
Sipping a cup of coffee under the balcony, under your very charm.

How irony gripped me on my shoulders on memories so distant,
Shifting but for a moment to the past; leaving feels so reluctant,
And here I stood under the falling rain, going insane from the pain,
I realized I miss you; cut me open and I'd still bleed "you" in my vein.

No comments: