Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This love will see me strong...

As promised, here's the post on Dan's open house I attended last Saturday. I got fong fei kei-ed by some supposed to be attendees *cough youknowwhoyouare cough*. It was good nonetheless, and going there to try his mum's Johor laksa was worth it. Talk about scrumptious food, his mum really is a gourmet chef.

Less talk and more pictures...

Photobucket
Delightful Raya cookies.

Photobucket
Told you so.

Photobucket
The food spread.

Photobucket
Ingredients for the Johor laksa; Slices of cucumber, beans sprout, garlic (I think), lime, and fried onions (shallots).

Photobucket
Tada...the finished product. My pictures do not do it justice at all.

Photobucket
Dan; the host.

Photobucket
Eddie; the ghost. His brother actually. I just thought the rhyme sounded cool. xD

Photobucket
Matt; the pose-r. Rawr! I look fat. Poor camera quality.

I ended up watching Blades of Glory with Eddie since Dan had to serve the rest of his friends who came.

Reached back rather early at 10.30pm as there was church the following day. So there, a short update. Lets have a movie review, shall we?

Photobucket
Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I did not watch this in 3D, but instead I opted for the cheaper option; DVD! Rawr! Anyway, the storyline is pretty much as how you would predict. Storyline wasn't too bad, and the animation would be pretty average I guess.

Verdict: 6.5/10
Recommendation: Again, more enjoyable for kids I believe. I do recommend that you don't bring anyone with a weak heart for the 3D version. It can get pretty...heart stopping. xD

No comments: