Saturday, December 13, 2008

There's no need to complicate...

Listening to: I'm Yours - Jason Mraz

I am EXTREMELY happy, but before I go to that point, I'll have to blog about what happened yesterday before coming to what happened today. After college, I dragged Adrian and Anne to 1U to do a bit of birthday/Christmas shopping.

Photobucket
The Christmas deco at 1U. Awesome no?

Photobucket
The 2 peeps I dragged around 1U. Thank you so much for your opinions and company.

Okay! Now on to what happened today! As you all know, I was chosen to participate in the National Finals for the English Business Talk organized by the Cambridge ESOL. This was based on a previous BULATS test which we(all 15 contestants) scored pretty high marks. Therefore, the competition was held today at Taylors College.

We were asked to give a 3 and a half minute powerpoint presentation followed by a 2 and a half impromptu speech on a random given topic. And guess what position Matt obtained? Thats right! By God's divine favour and grace, I won first place and I'm representing Malaysia in the International Finals at Singapore on the 25th of February! *squeals in delight*

Okay, I'm seriously hyper! Pictures! Most of them are credited to Danial.

Photobucket
The venue!

Photobucket
The actual hall.

Photobucket
Adrian & Matt - pre-competition.

Photobucket
And so the action begins! Matt in action. First section - Prepared presentation.

Photobucket
Second section - Impromptu speech!

Photobucket
Awaiting our prizes on stage.

Photobucket
Receiving my prize.

Photobucket
Receiving the "mock" tickets to Singapore in February.

Photobucket
A very happy/relieved/overjoyed/estatic Matt holding up the prizes as Champion for the English Business Talk. =D

Photobucket
Matt with Melissa on the left(2nd runner-up) and Nathanael(1st runner-up). Nathanael will be joining me in Singapore as well in representing Malaysia.

Photobucket
Matt and half of the judges.

Photobucket
The KBU team.

Photobucket
The whole KBU entourage.

Photobucket
Take 2!

Photobucket
Favourite picture of the day. My second family. You guys are partly the reason I won this and I won it for you guys. Thank you for being there! You guys are 'da' bomb!

Photobucket
Did I mention I also got a new PSP as my prize? And an Oxford dictionary of course! Now you know why I'm so incredibly excited and happy. She's a beauty I tell you! My bundle of joy. = )

Celebrated with my friends at lunch and came back for worship practice.

Appreciation
I wanna thank my lecturers for their guidance and their advices. I wanna thank my parents for their moral support though they weren't there today, they were praying for me every step of the way. My dear cousins who couldn't make it, I know you guys were praying for me to win. My awesome friends who came to support me and those who prayed for me. You know I love you guys.

I dedicate my win to the above group of people. You guys have helped me to be a success. In no particular order...Danial, Adam, Dines, Lingz, Adrian, Shortz, Zhen Sern, Yoga, Kuan Weng, Ting Leck and the rest of you who came; Thank you so very very much! I owe half my success to you guys, and of course all the other people who supported me.

But most of all, I wanna thank God cause it really is by His divine favour that He has upon me that has allowed me to win this whole thing. To be honest, I did not expect to win due to the stiff competition and some of the other candidates could really present. However, I honestly think this is all in God's plans and I wanna thank Him so very very much. He deserves all the glory and honor.

The Penang post will be up real soon, I hope. Once I've uploaded all 100+ pictures, then the updates will come. So till then, I bid you all a good night. Thank you for reading! = )

PS: My PSP is awesome! Thank You dear Daddy in heaven for the early Christmas present. You're the one who has helped me win this. I owe it all to You! All praise goes to You!

PSS: Further pictures of the competition can be found on Facebook. Thank you.

No comments: