Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Heading into the bright fields of hope...

Listening to: Better Man - Robbie Williams

Good day mates! Ah, my last blog post for the year. This post is gonna be full of nostalgicness and a lot of reminiscing for the year 2008. To be honest, I can never fully remember what happens every month of the year but I can tell you the highlights and the first few bits and pieces that come to my mind when I think of the year 2008.

I've learned so many lessons in life, got hit by life's reality too much at times, but picked myself up. I've experienced its highs, and its lows. But when I've hit those lows, I've learned from my mistakes and not just let them pass me by.

I've learned that in 2008...

1. College life begun to really present itself to me. I've realized that college isn't as easy and laidback as when we first entered. I've found my real friends, and I'll do everything in my power to keep you guys around me for the rest of my life. You guys mean the world to me. = )

2. Life in itself can be a real pain sometimes, but thats why we breathe. Where would all the fun be if life was perfect? The fun comes when we get up from our falls, brush off the dust and dirt, let the cloud of uncertainty clear, and come out tops.

3. God has really shown Himself so real to me. At times when I should have failed, He gave me an A. At times when I knew I did not prepare hard enough, He gave me results better than I ever hoped to achieve. At times when I broke down, He reminded me He was there. At times when pain hopelessness was all I felt, He gave me hope. At times when I was weak, He was strong and His grace was made perfect through me. When you least expect it, God springs up wonderful surprises that reminds me that He still has a plan for me. Gives me meaning to live every single day.

Recap of the year 2008
- Gain new friends.
- Lost some friends.
- Grew closer to some people, strayed from others.
- Ate a whole lot.
- Fell out of love.
- Felt the pain of losing the one you love.
- Moved on.
- Learn a lil bit more about my dear Daddy in heaven.
- Learned to trust Him no matter what.
- Turned rebel on a few occasions.
- Understand the true meaning of forgiveness.
- Pinpointed my mistakes and weaknesses.
- Learned how to love.
- Learned that God somehow loves me so incredibly much, and all my achievements in the year 2008 is all because of Him. Nothing about me, or my abilities, or skills that He has given me.
- Learned that when you secretly make wishes inside your heart, He actually hears them because God grants the desires of our heart (refer to Christmas wish list) = )
- Achieved some things I could NEVER do without God.
- Came out in the newspapers! (Clicky here)

And I've learned so much more. If I could just put it into words, I think it'll take the whole night. But I wanna thank God that He's been with me rain or shine, thick or thin, through highs of life, and more importantly through the lows. If it wasn't for Him year 2008 would have been a total failure.

As I approach 2009, I've never seen a future so bright, the path so clear, and God so ever-present that it does not bring optimism, but rather hope and trust. Maybe even a sense of confidence that it'll all be alright. No doubt there'll be more trials to get through, more hurdles to jump over, more mountains to climb, and more storms to weather through, but I'm confident its gonna be an even better year.

There are just so many things and so little time to put everything into words. But I'll end with just this...

Send someone to love me
I need to rest in arms
Keep me safe from harm
In pouring rain

Keep me yellow summer
Lord I feel the cold
Feel I'm getting old
Before my time

As my soul heals the shame
I will grow through this pain
Lord I'm doing, all I can...to be a better man

Good easy on my conscience
Cause its not my fault
I know I've been taught
To take the blame

Rest assured my angels
Will catch my tears
Walk me outta here
I'm in my pain

As my soul heals the shame
I will grow through this pain
Lord I'm doing, all I can...to be a better man

Once you found that lover
You're homeward bound
Love is all around
Love is all around

I know some have fallen on stony ground
But love is all around

Send someone to love me
I need to rest in arms
Keep me safe from harm
In pouring rain

Keep me yellow summer
Lord I feel the cold
Feel I'm getting old
Before my time

As my soul heals the shame
I will grow through this pain
Lord I'm doing, all I can...to be a better man

Anyway, I'm celebrating New Year's tomorrow! Goodbye Year 2008, and a warm welcome to the Year 2009.

Thank you to everyone who made year 2008 so extremely memorable. You guys know who you are. To those who have hurt/offended/disappointed me, thank you because without you, I wouldn't have grown every single day of life in terms of mental strength and maturity. Thank You dear Lord above all, for being there for me.

PS: Congrats to my dearest brother, Andrew. Straight As in PMR! One better than me, but I expected it. = )

No comments: