Friday, July 4, 2008

Camaraderie at its best...

Photobucket

There I was, sitting in the car under the shade of some branches, waiting for the school bell to ring and for my younger sibling to step out of school. Somehow, in that moment of quietness, my mind drifted away to a time when I myself was very much younger and very much against the school.

I clearly remembered how I wanted so enthusiastically (and might I add, desperately) to leave the boundaries of school and step foot into the "outside world" so to speak and explore what the world has for me. Ironically, its been three years since I've left school, and I tend to think more about high school and miss the moments back then.

I was reminiscing all the moments of high school, such a carefree life. I remember how the shouts of our teachers would ring in our ears when we fail to do our homework, or the sound of that school bell which sent the students berserk as it was either recess, or the end of school. Who could forget all those endless PE periods (Also known as Physical Exercise) filled with nothing but football, at least during my time.

Perhaps the best thing about being a student back then was how everything we wanted was at the tips of our fingertips. With a mini shopping mall located nearby (Atria), and the abundance of cyber cafes around the vicinity, the word boredom was never really used too much. Fridays used to be a blast, with school ending early and lunches with our peers. Then of course, there was the Christian Fellowship (CF) which started an hour after classes ended.

Most of all, sitting down there made me realize how my friends back then have grown so far apart, in terms of distance and friendship. That nostalgic feeling hovered around, and I couldn't help but think to myself, "Damn, I need to keep in touch with them." Not to mention I've been pretty nostalgic lately.

So cheers to you guys, and I'm sure you know who you are. No matter what, no matter where, its the spirit of being a DJ-ian that will always keep us close. We need a reunion, and real soon!

Signing off,
Matt

PS: Sean's heading off to Australia on the 17th. Bwargh...So many people going off to Australia. If I went there, I couldn't possibly finish visiting all of them. My time shall come soon...

No comments: