Tuesday, July 1, 2008

One Martini on the go please...

Listening to: Saving Grace - Planetshakers

Lets begin the post with...

VIVA ESPANA!

I know its outdated news, but as I have not had the mood to blog about anything much recently, therefore I thought of blogging it now. Better late than never. =D

Euro 2008 ended with a bang as the finals between Germany and Spain were played in a fashion that would be certain to be a classic for years to come. Germany started the brightest but were soon outclassed and outpassed by the brilliant Spanish team that has showed what potential they have if they could only combine it with confidence. Their efforts finally paid off with the score ending at 1-0.

And yes, I'm extremely happy in that sense, because Spain was always the team I supported at the beginning of the tournament (partly because Fernando Torres is there, but hey, they have a very good team too) and therefore, it is indeed seventh heaven to see them clinch the title that they so deservedly should have. Lets get on with some pictures of the finals.

Photobucket
Germany's talented number 7 Schweinsteiger trying to weave through Spain's Marcos Senna and Carlos Marchena.

Photobucket
Germany's captain, Michael Ballack who did not play to his full potential. I suspect due to the previous calf injury.

Photobucket
Probably the best goalkeeper in the world, Spain's Iker Casillas.

Photobucket
Fernando Torres scoring that winning goal on the 33rd minute.

Photobucket
The goal scorer, Liverpool's golden boy. = )

Photobucket
Spain's captain lifts the trophy after 44 years of "drought".

Photobucket
As the rest of the team celebrates as well.

A thoroughly deserved win. I feel very contented. It was a very good tournament to say the least. Read the papers if you don't believe me. Thus ends Euro 2008, and it'll be another month before the BPL starts again. Darn..a whole month without football matches. Snortz...

Picture credits to BBC Sports.

Photobucket
Spot the typo. =D

Anyway, a few updates before we go any further. I managed to catch a movie yesterday after class with Adam, Yan, and Gloria before heading for football training.

Photobucket
Get Smart!

It was either this, or Wanted. After deciding on this, I'm glad we went for this instead. The movie certainly reminded me of a previous movie similiar to this (Johnny English starring Rowan Atkinson a.k.a. Mr. Bean) but I dare say that this movie was way better. The humour was indeed there, and it kept us laughing for the entire duration.

Steve Carell as usual fits the bill as the clumsy but knowledgable (head knowledge only I mean) Agent 68, or something like that. He brings about the usual humour that he has portrayed in his previous movies. Anne Hathaway though really caught my attention. Well, us guys need eye candy mar...She somehow looked prettier here, compared to her previous movies. =D

Verdict: 8/10 Watch for the great humour, not stunts-wise.

Last but not least, Lerry Barry a.k.a. Lerida's article has finally been published on Thinktank, or however you spell it. She interviewed me to obtain my views in regards to the article she was writing entitled "What do guys find most impressive about girls?" Click here to check it out.

Apparently, she interviewed me before my birthday, and hence my age was 19 instead of 20. So don't come bombarding me with questions about my age.

On the other hand, there's also an article which is the girls opinion in "What girls want?" Click here to check it out. Lerida's opinion is there too. = )

So I'm done with my post. Off to eat the "king of fruits". Will end the post with a picture I randomly took today.

Photobucket
Looking at the clouds makes me think of God's awesome-ness in creating nature. Thank You Lord. = )

Signing off,
Matt

No comments: