Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Don't Let Me Go



Watching the sunrise as we sat side by side,
The last beams of sunlight highlighted horizon's edge,
I kept you nearby, holding you oh so tight,
Every second ticked, moments written in my book on a new page.

Right there and then, I knew deep down,
Absolutely positive, without a shadow of a doubt,
Almost like my very own princess, complete with a crown,
You flashed your ear-to-ear grin, your personal pout.

As if almost instantaneously, a time boundary non-existent,
Everything else faded, background diluted, and you were there,
Your absence left a void of the deepest depth, left me for you to yearn,
Hardest of feelings, yet nothing too hard to bear.



...it's amazing how far we've come.

~ Happiness is falling asleep next to you and waking up thinking I'm still in my dreams.

No comments: