Saturday, July 25, 2009

Over Horizon's Edge, I See You...

Listening to: Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
Current mood: Mixed, and not too good.
Current craving: My 'chocolate', and iced coke.

I'm resorting to emo songs.
Been really distracted by what's happened today.
Was somewhat distracted during practice, and in a very absent-minded manner did things without thinking much before realizing that I was doing the wrong thing.
Okay, it's not as bad as I make it sound.
Just one line...

I actually wonder if I can do anything right without disappointing anyone.

The question is, what if I can't?
Gee, I don't know.
I've failed my own standards I've set of myself, and probably failed a whole lot of people in the process.

My solution?
Turn my back on trying to be everything everyone else wants me to be.
I absolutely cannot be pleasing everyone.

Is it possible?
Yes it is; but there is no turning back.
True, I seek to please God and Him alone.
Too many a times, I just try too hard to make every single person around me happy.

But the reality is?
It is utterly impossible to do so.

So what are you waiting for?
Just need some time to forgive myself for the people who hate me now (and probably in the future).
Then I'll pick myself up and turn away.

You sure?
Darn right I'm sure.
I'm tired of trying to please everyone and to keep people in my social circle who cannot even be bothered to try.
I'm sorry (and this is the last time I apologize for such a case) but we all live separate lives.
I can only want to be involved in yours (even if it's a minor part) for so long, but they were right.
Separate ways is where we're ALL headed.
And if you refuse that our paths converge somewhat, then I must wish each one of you the best in your endeavors.

So what now?
I'm gonna keep those who matter to me close, that's what.
The people who care, and who are worth it will always be close.
This is my solemn promise to each and everyone of you who care.
And I bet you know who you are.

Photobucket
On second thought, my hands are too short.

~ I wish you were here, but you're not, you're there. There doesn't know how lucky it is.

No comments: