Friday, July 31, 2009

This Heart, is Yours to Keep

Listening to: The Stand - Hillsongs UNITED
Current mood: The equivalent of despair + depression.
Current craving: Need I say more?

Good morning.
Just gonna do some updates on what's been going on.

Tuesday, 28th July 2009
After a very long time, we finally managed to find time to go out and catch up.
Though we've known each other for a few years, but the last time we got to catch up was a year or two back.
Most of the time due to schedule clashes.
So, we headed to OU to have lunch and just...catch up.
Lunch venue was at Wong Kok.

Photobucket
Meet Khye Ren.

Photobucket
Her baked cheese rice.

Photobucket
I on the other hand had Pork chop with black pepper sauce. (Oh, sorry but it's non-halal as you can see)

Other than that, I've been around a few places.
Dentist appointment settled with me getting anti-biotics and a specific gel for the infected gums.
Checked out Sunway college as well, and looks like that is indeed my next destination.
Next intake starts in January, so I'm pretty optimistic.

Thursday, 30th July 2009
Knowing me and my occasional absent-mindedness, I agreed to go for Shawn's final meet up before he heads off to the States and then only remembering that it's on the same day I agreed to take her out.
So much for that...
Anyway, I ended up heading to Metro to pick her up before we headed off to Midvalley to have lunch with them.
Spent most of the day at Midvalley, before the both of us headed to Subang Parade right after to run some errands.
Venue for lunch was at Little Penang Cafe.

Photobucket
My curry mee.

Photobucket
From L-R: Nic, Andrea, Jewel, and Shawn...the celebrity for the day.

Photobucket
I somehow think this is a very bad shot of myself. =X

Photobucket
I blame it on the light reflecting off the glasses.

Photobucket
Andrea and Shawn.

Photobucket
Jewel and Shawn.

It was so much fun hanging out doing random stuff, and talking about random stuff.
Even if it was plain talk, but the company matters a whole lot.
I miss you guys already.

Photobucket
Shawn and Matt. I'm gonna miss you buddy. 4 years is a heck of a long time.

Photobucket
Nic and myself.

Photobucket
Need I say more?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew it was the day of reckoning, so to speak.
But I never prepared myself for what was to take place.
And when it came to crunch time, it all came out to the best of my ability.
And I know that in the end no matter how much it hurt, it was necessary.
I would have it no other way.

So with a brave front, I took it as it is and gave it my best.
Though it didn't sink in until I realize the impact of what was said.
And yet with all my heart, I wanted for you to believe...
But I knew I had done my part, and the rest is God's to do.

The burden for you continues, but more than that...
You continued to prove that your significance was more than mere words, mere actions.
Your very existence, your importance to me...
How much, I cannot fully comprehend nor measure the depth.
I cannot even begin to imagine the lasting impact you've given and continue to give.
The best part is...this was all done just by you being there, and me being here.

No, this is definitely the total opposite of goodbye.
Everything in me screamed for me to keep you by, and that I intend to do.
Simply because there is something about you...
Actually, everything about you that I love.
Your value to me, I doubt anything I say or do will change that.
I love you, and always will.
Heck, I'm not ashamed to say it.

But I'm holding on to the very reason behind the whole unfolding of events.
Right now, I can hear God just saying...

"My dear Son, I love you so very much...more than you ever know. Trust me, and don't give up faith because everything will turn out for good. Keep the faith. You've done your part. Leave the rest to me."

Ultimately, He holds my tomorrows in His hands.
My future in His hands are assured.
His favour on my life, no doubt so evident.
And because of how much He means to me and what He's done, this life is His.

This morning...
I remembered your question.

"How exactly can you guarantee that you're going to heaven, that this is a one way ticket?"

God gave me the answer today.
Cause everything in His Word has come true for me.
And if it says in His Word, that He has prepared a place for those of us who believe in Him...

...then in my heart, there is absolutely no doubt about it.

~ For all things work together for good to those who love Him and who are called according to His purposes [Romans 8:28]

2 comments:

Joshua said...

""How exactly can you guarantee that you're going to heaven, that this is a one way ticket?""

1 Peter 3:15 AMP
"But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully."

Haha. It's always interesting, to me, the things the Lord puts before us and brings us through. :)

Matt said...

Yeah, you're right.
Times that require great wisdom and also knowledge from His word.
Interesting indeed.