Friday, June 27, 2008

I look at the stars and I see you glittering...

Photobucket

I'm back...from the football training session. Forced myself to go, out of courtesy and my own dislike for fong fei kei-ing people last minute without notice. Though I was boggled down with lethargic-ness due to two previous nights of inadequate sleep, I forced myself to turn up.

I managed to meet up with Wy Kit who is leaving for Australia with his beau in order to further their studies. Sweet much no? Anyway, met up with him a last time before he leaves for a long one and a half years of studying in Melbourne. Said our goodbyes, and he will definitely be missed someway or rather, whether for him being eccentric at times, or just plain wacky and witty.

Anyway, after almost two hours of solid football, my whole body felt like it was carrying a weight that far superceded my capacity. I refuse to be sick though, cause Worship Encounter is on this weekend, I'm on drums and I know God will give me the strength to prepare myself for the weekend. I'm off to sleep in a short while.

At 8pm?

The answer is a resounding YES! I'm zonked out and my head feels like it might fall off anytime. I'm not exaggerating.

Looking forward to a great worship service this weekend, but I really need to rest. Constant football and the constant loss of sleep due to Euro 2008 has definitely taken its toll on me. Till then, I'm signing off.

However, before I sign off, I feel like its my duty to blog about the quarter-final Euro encounter between Spain and Russia (Maybe cause I'm bias for Spain). Pictures from the semi-final encounter...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Check out the flying shoe. = )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
David Silva scores the third goal for Spain.

As it turns out, the final score was at a 3-0 routing to Spain and a tantalizing final between Germany and Spain awaits us on Sunday. Truth be said, I am an avid Spain supporter. So I'm estatic that they are in to the finals. Russia failed to live up to their true self when they surprisingly beat Holland in the previous round.

Till then, Viva La Espana.

*Pictures credit to The New York Times.

Signing off,
Matt

PS: Thanks buddy. You asking me to message you when I got back means a lot. Shows you care indeed.

Photobucket

No comments: