Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not Your Average Super Hero

Ever wondered how superheroes saved the world but yet leave a devastating trail of damage that ensued along the highway and the city? I'm sure every average movie patron would agree with me when somehow they do end up saving the world, but at the same time the irony of the damage caused is still there.

A while ago, I watched the Incredible Hulk (refer to my previous posts) and it came across my mind the massive destruction left by the hulk after defeating his nemesis. I wondered to myself, "I wonder how he's gonna pay for all the wrecked cars, the torn-down buildings, and not to mention the long stretches of roads that have been crushed and stamped on by the incredibly huge feet he possesses."

I can imagine if the government actually issued a long list of claims to Bruce Banner a.k.a. the Hulk for the damage caused when he transformed into his alter-ego. He may be a brilliant scientists, but he is definitely not a millionaire. One may even wonder if the "good" he has done outweighs all the damage caused to the city.

This scenario is also put into the latest Will Smith's movie, Hancock whereby Will Smith (the superhero) saves the day, but leaves so much damage in the wake of his "day saving job" that the citizens even wonder if he's worth the superhero title that is supposedly bestowed upon him.

I for one cannot wait for the movie to begin. So until then, get out the popcorn and brace yourself for the movie which begins screening in cinemas on the 3rd of July.

Photobucket

For more details, check it out at the nuffnang site right here.

Cheers.

Signing off,
Matt

No comments: