Friday, June 26, 2009

Beyond Extraordinary; Just Plain Amazing...

When gray skies is but all the eyes can see across the horizon,
And the sun in its obstinate nature simply refuses to shine,
I have but to think of you, and for you I'd yearn,
Nobody else like you in the world to me, would ever be so fine.

It's been a pretty fruitful week this week.
Caught up with the most awaited summer blockbuster, twice in 2 consecutive days.
Caught up with a whole lot of movies.
So, here are the updates, and a whole lot of movie reviews.

24th June 2009
Was supposed to head to Midvalley, but someone decided on a change of place.
So we headed to Pyramid instead. = )

Photobucket
Random snapshot.

Ended up watching Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.
Movie reviews later.
Oh, and didn't get to snap a picture that day unfortunately.
Bleah...

25th June 2009
Met up with Nicolette at Asia Cafe in the afternoon for her first game of pool.
Okay, I'm no pool master...just plain Pool 101.

Photobucket
She has the stance and all, yes? = )

Photobucket
Lunch/tea at Asia Cafe.

We then headed to Pyramid after that.
And guess what?
We managed to get tickets somehow for the 6pm Transformers show.
God is awesome. = )
Dropped her back after, and went for my jamming session with Billy's band.
I miss jamming, and it was absolute fun.
And now, they've asked if I want to be the official drummer of the band.
Another big decision; a lot of them seem to be coming at the same time.

Turns out Danial might not be able to make it now for the part time job.
I'm very very disheartened and discouraged.
Working would seem pretty pointless now, minus the fact that I'll have to find a replacement at the eleventh hour.
Yes, we're supposed to be starting on Monday.
Oh God....

Anyway, I'll do some movie reviews before this gets worse.

Photobucket
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

The most awaited blockbuster of the year, and it did not fail to impress as a sequel. As you know, the trend is such whereby sequels normally do not perform up to the standards of their predecessors due to the fact that the standard has been raised since the first movie. But this was...WOW. Beyond words. I watched this on the opening day, and the next day at the same venue with different people. Worth every dollar.

Verdict: 8.5/10 This is probably one of the best movies of the year so far, ranked right beside The Dark Knight. Psst, check out for Optimus Prime and Bumblebee! Rawr!

Photobucket
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Since there were some people who recommended me to catch this, I thought why not? It turned out pretty alright, in terms of plot and storyline. But yet again, another one of those sad endings which I'm not really a fan of. Nevertheless, it was not bad.

Verdict: 6.5/10 Due to the way the whole plot and storyline is structured. It's a pretty decent movie.

Photobucket
Valkyrie.

Again, this was based on recommendation from some people. Those of you who know me since high school, History was one of my favourite subjects (Yes, I can hear all the "You're insane" chants going on). This movie appealed to me, especially how the whole plot and plans and schemes against Hitler came to play.

Verdict: 7/10 This movie provides a good plot and though not much action, but I was on the edge of my seat. There were its 'kan cheong' scenes during the movie.

Photobucket
Gladiator.

Okay, no laughing. I'm that outdated. But the Roman empire at its height, its prime was certainly frightening enough. Russell Crowe played his role to perfection, depicting the brave but yet humble General Maximus who made his way to earn his freedom and to go out in style.

Verdict: 7/10 No wonder this movie won Oscars. It was certainly one heck of a long movie, but it was good. Hmm...I wonder why most of the movies in this review have endings with the hero sacrificing his life in the end.

Photobucket
Seven Pounds.

Without a doubt, this was the sappiest among the sappy movies that I've caught so far. You don't really understand what is going on till somewhere in the middle of the movie. But overall, I'd say the movie brings out the best in Will Smith (just like in the Pursuit of Happyness) and fans of Will Smith will agree with me...

Verdict: 6/10 Girls, take out those tissues. = )

Photobucket
Never Back Down.

Oh, this movie turned out to be pretty good as it depicts how Jake Tyler learns the reasons behind throwing a punch at an opponent, not just for the sake of doing so...but ultimately, to fight for a purpose, a reason. Good stuff.

Verdict: 7/10 Pretty good. By the way, Amber Heard is hawt! Some eye candy for those of you interested in catching the movie. Or are you interested now? = )

That's about all for the list of movies that I've caught.
Pretty good stuff, but I need to download more.
On another note, besides frustration, I'm quite discouraged and disappointed.
The whole finding people for the part time job thing is getting very annoying.

I'm just gonna pray and surrender it to God.
Beyond my control...

Till my next post, cheerio.

~ Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will.

2 comments: