Monday, June 22, 2009

If I could have but one moment...

For those who are still asking me "When do your holidays end?"
My answer...indefinitely.
I've officially GRADUATED!
Yesh, graduated!
So...will be looking out on where to go next. = )

Anyway, been catching a lot of movies recently.
So here are the reviews.
It's gonna be pretty lengthy.

Photobucket
Push.

Thankfully, I didn't bother paying money to watch this in the big screens. For me, it was a bit overrated and the plot was rather weak. I kinda felt like sleeping while watching this on my laptop.

Verdict: 5/10 Not really worth it. Doesn't cut it for me.

Photobucket
Marley & Me.

One word: Family. This movie is more of a family kinda movie, and girls who are especially gullible to shedding a tear or two, this movie is for you. It was pretty okay for me, but I hate sad endings. And yesh, I'm a spoiler. This movie had a sad ending.

Verdict: 7/10 Good movie overall. The plot was planned out well. Asides from the sad ending, it was pretty alright.

Photobucket
He's Just Not That Into You.

I wanted to know the reason behind Danial watching a chick flick twice, in the cinemas. So I had pretty high expectations. A typical movie that brought about how both genders operated in the world of dating, with a whole lot of different elements being brought in (i.e. signals, marriage, signs). To be honest after watching the movie, I was even more confused about girls. Haha!

Verdict: 8/10 Now I know why Danial watched it twice. It is pretty good. = )

Photobucket
Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia.

Typical action movie. The US send a specialized team of soldiers into Colombia, get framed for mass murder of important people, get hunted down, and finally proving their innocence with a whole lot of deaths on the way about it.

Verdict: 6/10 It was not bad, but rather predictable in a way.

Photobucket
Another Cinderella Story.

Like the title says, a typical Cinderella story set in a modern surrounding. Loads of dancing involved, but to me that was the only interesting about the movie. Nothing too catchy or spectacular personally...

Verdict: 5.5/10 A typical chick flick.

Photobucket
Dragon Wars.

The name makes it sound almost too overrated. Massive damage done, lots of deaths, but yet for the most part of it...not a single drop of blood was seen spilled. Here's the best part. There was not dragon to be found except towards the ending.

Verdict: 4/10 Totally overrated.

Photobucket
Doomsday.

Talks about a deadly virus, the Reaper virus being unleashed and how Scotland in this story was quarantined and cut off from the rest of the people. Few years later, London is infected and a team is sent in to obtain the cure.

Verdict: 7/10 A whole lot of blood, gore, violence, chopped limbs, and chopped heads. Good for those of you who enjoy such movies. = )

Photobucket
The Last Samurai.

Yes, Tom Cruise. This was a long movie, but it was good simply because they combined the elements of love, war, harmony, and a whole lot of other elements that made it a good movie to watch. It was freaking long though. The movie lasted almost 3 whole hours, but it was worth it.

Verdict: 7.5/10 The storyline was pretty solid. Not bad.

That's all from me now.
Few movies on my yet to watch list include...

- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Valkyrie
- Gladiator (Yesh, I'm that outdated. Haha!)

~ A silent hug means a thousand words to the unhappy heart.

No comments: