Monday, June 8, 2009

I'll immortalize you in time...

Ah, it's exactly 12pm as I'm typing this.
I'm starting to detest staying at home now.
In my current state, too much free time actually hurts.
But...
I get to pray more. = )

Anyway, church camp this year was held at Kampar, Perak for about 2 days 2 nights. Much was said, much was given out, much was gained, and much was learned. God moved in a powerful way through the speaker, Rev Samson Dabbas. God once again reassured me (and I have this constant problem of feeling unworthy) that He has great plans right up ahead. I'm very excited, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Event: Harvest Community Church Camp 2009
Venue: Grand Kampar Hotel, Kampar, Perak
Theme: Kingdom Living on Earth

Day 1: 4/6/2009
I woke up a wee bit too early and it wasn't due to excitement as past times. I have no idea what messed up my biological clock, but slept a bit late the night before but still woke up way too early. Started off from here at 10am and reached there around 12.30pm. I had to drive the Gen-2 as we needed an extra car due to a lack of cars for some of them.

Photobucket
Lil John smiling for the camera before starting off. = )

Photobucket
Our destination...Grand Kampar Hotel.

Photobucket
Lunch already started before check-in.

Photobucket
Dessert...

Photobucket
Our theme...

Photobucket
While setting up the equipment, we started snapping pictures...

Photobucket
And the shades came out while waiting for briefing time.

Photobucket
Christina, everyone's favourite lil toddler.

Photobucket
Briefing begins...

Photobucket
Then, team building session 1 started right after...

Photobucket
Figuring out a newly improved game of charades.

Photobucket
Still at it...

Photobucket
We were divided into 4 different teams for the entire camp.

Photobucket
And the games were incredibly competitive.

Photobucket
Team Jesus is Our Rock. The mastering of maths was required for game #2.

Photobucket
Team Ugly Betty. Don't ask me why they chose that name.

Photobucket
They probably had the funniest group cheer.

Photobucket
Rawr!

Photobucket
Team Happy Chickies. Har har har...

Photobucket
Calculating isn't as easy as it seems...

Photobucket
Random shot with Barney.

Photobucket
Then we adjourned for water baptism.

Photobucket
Mission accomplished.

Photobucket
The room...

Photobucket
After everyone washed up, we had an 8 course dinner for the first night.

Photobucket
Sounds scrumptious? No pictures of food though. = )

Photobucket
Awhh....love love. Haha!

Photobucket
Rev. Samson Dabbas during the first night session.

Photobucket
Here he is again...

Besides the fact that God was so awesome during camp, this was probably the next best thing to happen.

Photobucket
Abby and Mich joined us for camp!

Went out to a nearby mamak with them and just catch up. Headed back to the hotel after that and hear me out, we played truth and dare. Unfortunately, yours truly got it the worse...besides the fact we snapped some random pictures!

So we'll end the first day with some random snapshots. Excuse the picture quality. Phone camera isn't exactly a DSLR. = )

Till my next post...

PS: I'll be starting the habit of ending every post with a quote again. It's been a while...

Photobucket
She grabbed my shades and started "modeling".

Photobucket
Take 2.

Photobucket
Take 3.

Photobucket
If time could freeze...

~ The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love and be loved in return

No comments: