Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More than mere feelings...

Photobucket
I promise, it'll be just around the corner.

Photobucket
Love stoned...

Photobucket
Do Re Mi.

Recently, a lot has been said (especially in church) that somehow led to the topic and definition of love.
It's been somewhat of a real revelation, a moment of epiphany if you like.

Over the years, I've learned how to differentiate crushes and a love relationship, proper.
No doubt crushes are only temporary, as it mostly deals with first sight (which I do not believe by the way).
What I've learned though, that crushes involve feelings which if prolonged and fertilized, do eventually grow into something more.

So do I believe in crushes?
Of course I do.
That is how things developed.

Then again, it develops into love only when you learn to appreciate, accept (good or bad), and love the person for who they are.
Again, feelings are inevitably involved.
But one thing I've learned, and this is it...

Love is a DECISION!
Yes, it is.
Not just mere feelings as how it is portrayed.
But rather...a decision.

A decision to commit.
A decision to cherish.
A decision to care.

It really struck me, and I realize what love means, or at least whatever little knowledge I have.

And love is when you love the person for who they are, not just because they're good looking, rich, or even the best kisser in the world.
Deep down, character always shines out, at least for me.
Love is...

Photobucket
...bringing the best out of you and me.

Picture credits to Mike Morgan.

PS: Random, I know. Love me for it. : )
PSS: Will be on a hiatus for 3 days people! Church camp @ Kampar! = )

No comments: